INSPIRING PARTNERSHIPS THAT TELL OUR STORY OF COMMUNITY HEALING IN THE SALISH SEA
SPIRIT OF THE SXWO'LE - COAST SALISH MINI UNIVERSITY ARTICLES
- Lincoln Wells, (Whiteswan Environmental) Lummi Nation hosts truth panel: Discussion raises painful memories, tough questions, and a hopeful future, Horizon Publication, Volume 45, Issue 3, October 30, 2018.
- Colton Gully, Planet Magazine, CAPTAINING THE TIDE, Traditional reef net fishing is returning to the waters of the Lummi as a way to revive cultural heritage, December 12, 2017. https://theplanetmagazine.net/captaining-the-tide-e2a0f780b176
- Richard Walker, Indian Country Today, May 20, 2017, https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/native-news/ancestral-land-made-available-lummi-nations-use/
- Richard Walker, Indian Country Today, August 24, 2016, https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/native-news/watershed-moment-pole-story-boards-installed-on-ancestral-village-site/
- Shirley Williams, Inspiring Resilience: A Reflection of Indigenous Public Health and our Chi’lange’lth (Inherent Birth Rights), HAZNET, The Magazine of the Canadian Risks and Hazards Network, November 2016, http://haznet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/haznet-fall-2016-reduced-3.pdf, pg 28-32.
- Potlatch Fund, Inspiring Philanthropy in Northwest Indian Country, 2016 http://www.potlatchfund.org/grants/innovation_past.html
- Northwest Treaty Tribes, Lummi Nation Honor Traditions at Historical Fishing Site, August 24, 2015, https://nwtreatytribes.org/lummi-nation-members-honor-traditions-at-historical-fishing-site/
- Spirit of the Sxwo’le Video, Northwest Treaty Tribes 2015 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ka74FzHnZk
- National Park Service, San Juan Island National Historical Park, The First Ones, https://www.nps.gov/sajh/learn/historyculture/the-first-ones.htm
- National Energy Board Kinder Morgan Transmountain Pipeline Oral Testimony
Whiteswan Environmental relies on donations from the community to make this vision a reality.